Our Complaints Handling Procedure
The policy covers Eddisons Commercial Holdings Ltd and all subsidiaries including Eddisons Commercial Ltd (and its trading company names of Remotezone, Eddisons Taylors and Eddisons CJM), Eddisons Commercial Property Management Ltd, Eddisons Insurance Services Ltd and Pugh & Co Ltd.
If you have a complaint, this note sets out the procedure which Eddisons will follow in dealing with the complaint.
1. All complaints will be dealt with by the Financial Director of Eddisons –
Telephone: 0113 209 1087
Fax: 0113 247 1776
Email: [email protected]
Please do not hesitate to contact James Foster by telephone, letter, fax or email.
2. If you have initially made your contact verbally, whether face to face or over the telephone, please also make it in writing addressed as detailed above. This is to ensure we fully understand exactly what your complaint is and have a written record of it. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you within fourteen working days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you have in relation to this.
3. Within twenty eight days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken. We will try to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction in which case the matter will conclude.
4. If we cannot agree on how to resolve the complaint, then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiation. If we are unable to do so we will move to the second stage of our CHP.
5. If you are a consumer you can refer the matter to The Property Ombudsman: (TPO) without charge. Their website is https://www.tpos.co.uk/consumers. Tel: 01722 333 306 - Fax: 01722 332 296.
6. Should your complaint relate to insurance services the financial Ombudsman website is http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk Telephone: 0800 023 4 567.
7. If you are a person or organisation complaining in a business capacity, we agree to enter into mediation with you in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Solve Commercial Mediation Process. Their website is www.cedr.com and their address and telephone numbers are: International Dispute Resolution Centre, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU; Telephone 0207 536 6060.