How to Become a Bidder
Buying a property via our online auction platform is a simple process. It has all the benefits synonymous with traditional auctions, including speed and transparency, but with the added advantage of being able to bid from the comfort of your own home or office via desktop, tablet or mobile phone.
To find out how to get started, just follow our easy 5 step guide below.
Create an account
In order to bid, you will first need a Pugh account. If you already have one you will simply need to login. However, if you don't, you'll need to create one by clicking the login/register button at the top of the page. This requires you to provide an email address and create a secure password. You will then need to verify your email account by clicking an activation link that we'll send to you via email.
Search available lots
Browse the online auction lots on our website using the main navigation menu or within an existing property search. Once you've found the lot/s you are interested in and would like to register to bid on, click Register to bid.
Register to bid
Once you have clicked Register to Bid, you will be taken to the online auction bidding form:
- Complete the bidding form and upload the relevant identification documents. Note the information provided here will form the contract details in the event you are the successful bidder.
- Tick to confirm that all information provided is correct and that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions and to the pre-authorisation of funds of your bidding deposit from your registered debit card.
- Submit and continue to next step. You will then be taken to our secure bidding partners, ATG to add your debit card details for the pre-authorised bidding funds. Please note credit cards are not accepted and the debit card must be issued from a UK bank and in the name of a party whose identity documents have been provided to us in part one of registration.
- Click “Complete Registration” to finalise your application to bid. • The information submitted will then be verified by a member of our team.
- The cut off for registrations is 12 noon the Monday prior to the auction start date, after this time we are unable to guarantee any registrations submitted will be processed, therefore we highly recommended you submit your registration as early as possible in the auction cycle. Regardless of how early you register the pre-authorisation of funds for your bidding deposit will only be processed on the week of auction as detailed within the terms and conditions.
Once your registration is verified the next step is the pre-authorisation of the Bidding Deposit. The Bidding Deposit being £2,000 for each lot you wish to bid on, unless the lot is offered as a nil reserve where the bidding deposit will be £500. Please note this pre-authorisation is only carried out on the week the auction commences, and automatically processed against the debit card you provided. Once your pre-authorisation of funds is successful you are approved to bid and will be sent a link by e-mail directing you to the bidding platform.
Once the bidding has opened simply enter the amount you wish to bid, or your maximum bid, and start bidding. Bids will go up incrementally - depending on the guide price & value of the lot. Please note bids must be submitted in line with the set increments and bids submitted outside of these increments cannot be accepted. If you are the successful bidder, the pre-authorised bidding deposit will be retained towards the contractual deposit and buyer’s premium amounts and any shortfall to either the deposit or buyer’s premium is payable immediately and a member of our team will contact you to arrange this.If you are unsuccessful, the pre-authorisation on your card will be removed in line with the terms and conditions.