Former Methodist Chapel, West Croft Terrace, Lowca, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 6PX
The property is located in the village of Lowca, fronting West Croft Terrace, and can be accessed from the A595. Parton Train Station is within 1 mile and provides connections to Whitehaven and Workington.
A detached former chapel, constructed in 1910, extending to approximately 140 Sq M (1,507 Sq Ft) and benfiting from outline planning consent for conversion to a dwelling. The property is in an elevated position and enjoys views across the valley to Whitehaven Harbour and the Irish Sea.
|Description||Sq M||Sq Ft|
|Ground Floor - Chapel||140||1,507|
|Basement - Boiler Room (not inspected)||-||-|
There is a paved terrace area to the front of the property together with perimeter pathway and borders to the sides and rear.
Approximately 372 Sq M (445 Sq Yds).
The property benefits from planning consent (4/17/2284/0F1) for the conversion of the chapel to a dwelling with new detached garage and patio area. Interested parties should consult direct with the Local Planning Authority: Copeland Borough Council, Development Control Section, The Copeland Centre, Catherine Street, Whitehaven, CA28 7SJ. Telephone: 01946 598 300. Email: [email protected]
1. The property benefits from a mains water and electricity supply and heating is currently oil fired although we understand mains gas is available in the street to the front of the property.
2. The property is currently designated as a Place of Worship and as such is exempt from requiring an EPC.
3. The seller has negotiated the purchase of an additional parcel of land to the rear of the property from Copeland Borough Council, in order to construct a detached garage and create a garden area, although this purchase has not completed.
West Croft Terrace,
CA28 6PX Open in Google Maps