Portfolio Of Three Individual Barn Sites , Lamaload Reservoir, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0AR
The barns are located within the township of Macclesfield and overlook Lamaload Reservoir. The barns are approximately 4 miles to the South East of Bollington and 5 miles to the East of Macclesfield. The nearest train station is located within Macclesfield town centre. The barns are accessible from Hooleyhey Lane and Ankers Knowl Lane (in the case of Lamaload Forest Barn) with access to these roads from the South via the A579 and to the North from the B5470.
The three barns are set within Macclesfield Forest which is within the designated Peak District National Park. The barns represent a rare opportunity to seek a consent for residential or holiday letting conversion within the Park.
The three sites are to be sold as a single lot, by way of three separate leaseholds, each for a term of 999 years. Each leasehold will be subject to a ground rent of £50 per annum.
We are advised that 36.11% of the site has been opted for VAT and the buyer will therefore be required to pay VAT on completion, at the prevailing rate, on 36% of the gavel price.
1. The barns are located on water catchment land and will therefore be subject to usage restrictions. These restrictions will however allow for the conversion of a barn, to a single residential dwelling or for holiday letting purposes. Any holiday letting will be restricted so that the occupancy may not exceed 4 persons. The restriction on occupancy is in the interest of water quality linked to the Vendors statutory undertaking. For the avoidance of doubt the number of occupants for single residential dwelling use is not restricted.
2. The barns do not benefit from any mains services and it is recommended that prospective bidders satisfy themselves with regards to the proximity of services. The barns are being offered as a single lot, due to potential economies from requisitioning mains services. The installation of a septic tank or cesspit will be prohibited however a small package treatment plant is permissible.
3. Should services need requisitioning over the Vendor's retained land then this will be permissible at no charge subject to satisfactory reinstatement.
4. LPG/LBT fuel storage and/or generator use is permitted however other fuel sources are restricted under the terms of the lease.
5. The Hooleyhey Barn site is offered subject to a Farm Business Tenancy which terminates October 2020 and will be available with vacant possession from this date. Additional land which is outside of the stone wall boundary, but within the sale boundary, is held under an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy to which a reversion will be created upon sale, as it forms part of a wider AHA where the Vendor is landlord.
6. Viewings are strictly by appointment only, and interested parties should not inspect the buildings independently. Please note when attending a scheduled viewing, a prompt arrival of 13:30 is essential to meet at the car park of Lamaload Reservoir. Additionally note that the access route between the barns is via foot and includes crossing a stile, and therefore appropriate footwear should be worn.
This lot has SOLD PRIOR. The property is to be entered into our February 25th 2020 auction however prior offers will be considered and are therefore invited. The Vendor is under no obligation to accept any offers made.
SK11 0AR Open in Google Maps
You may also like:
Get In Touch
Do you have a query, or a property to sell? Complete this form and an expert will be in touch promptly.
Mon-Fri: 09:00am - 5:30pm